What Are the Most Used Edible Himalayan Salt Types?
Edible Himalayan salt is a popular flavoring agent nowadays. It is believed to be rich in trace minerals such as zinc, calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and so on. These minerals add a unique flavor to Himalayan salt that helps you prepare delicious cuisines.
However, make sure you purchase 100% pure Himalayan salt from reliable vendors such as Saltysh. At Saltysh, we deliver authentic edible Himalayan salt to your doorstep. We also recommend the use of edible Himalayan salts for securing the health of our future generations.
To test the purity of edible Himalayan salt, mix a teaspoon in a glass of water and look for color change. If the salt changes color, it is not 100% authentic.
Here are the most used edible Himalayan salt types:
#1 Pink edible Himalayan salt
As the name suggests, pink Himalayan salt radiates a soft pink glow. There are two major types of pink Himalayan salt:
- Light pink Himalayan salt
- Dark pink Himalayan salt
The major difference between light and dark pink Himalayan salt is the percentage of iron oxide in the rock crystals. The greater the percentage of iron, the darker the color of the rock crystal.
Uses and Benefits of pink edible Himalayan salt
- Pink Himalayan salt contains trace minerals that regulate the functions of your body such as nervous transmission, immunity, growth and development, and so on.
- Pink Himalayan salt is beneficial to treat respiratory disorders such as asthma, bronchitis, sore throat, cough, and pulmonary diseases.
- Pink Himalayan salt is also used to lessen the symptoms of anxiety, stress, depression, and seasonal affective disorder (SAD).
- Pink Himalayan salt sole is beneficial for effective weight loss.
#2 White edible Himalayan salt
As the name suggests, white Himalayan salt radiates a white glow. White Himalayan salt is mined deep inside the Himalayan Mountain. It has a unique flavor because of its mineral contents.
Since white Himalayan salt is rare, it is very expensive. If you find white Himalayan salt at a lower price, it is more likely to be fake Himalayan salt.
Uses and Benefits of white Himalayan salt
- White Himalayan salt is used for cooking, food preparation, and marination.
- White Himalayan salt improves the taste of regular food.
- White Himalayan salt sole provides both physical and psychological health benefits.
#3 Black edible Himalayan Salt
Back Himalayan salt is originally pink in color; however, it gradually changes color to purple and then turns black on mixing with Khar. It brings an extraordinary flavor to food and beverages.
Uses and Benefits of black edible Himalayan salt
- Black Himalayan salt is generally used as a spice with a smack tang flavor that enhances the flavor of fizzy drinks.
- Black Himalayan salt is used as a condiment in salads, chutneys, soups etc.
- Black Himalayan salt is used as a laxative to regulate bowel movements.
- The potassium content of the black Himalayan salt helps absorb other trace minerals in the body.
- Black Himalayan salt is also used to flavor chicken, yogurt, beef, fish, etc.
Get in contact to receive a personalised wholesale quotation for edible Himalayan Salt